Q: Car jerks and stalls

My car starts up fine, but when I put it in reverse or drive and press the gas pedal, the car jerks and then stalls. Could it be the fuel pump?

A: Hi, thanks for your question. This is a com...

Hi, thanks for your question. This is a common situation when what is known as the mass airflow sensor needs to be upgraded, cleaned, or replaced. This is a unit that regulates air flow into the engine as it is mixed with fuel. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause an imbalanced load of air and fuel to be injected into the motor causing the intermittent or rough running and even stalling conditions you describe. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose the running condition of your car. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home or office to confirm a diagnosis on the issue and make or suggest the necessary repairs or replacements.