My car jerks, hesitates, and has shut off at low speeds 2...

Q: My car jerks, hesitates, and has shut off at low speeds

asked by on October 27, 2017

My car has a rough idle. When my car slows down or stops at a red light it jerks and hesitates sporadically, twice now the car has entirely shut off on me and I've had to take out the keys and turn my car back on at a red light. The car only does this when it's in drive or if I shortly put it in neutral to stop it from jerking, however sitting in a parking lot in park leaves my car on and no jerking is present. I already know that I have a bad O2 sensor, and a leak in my power steering pump, could any of these issues relate to why my car is doing this.

An issue such as this would likely be associated with a check engine light. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. If any trouble codes exist in your vehicle this could help to determine what is going on. Consider YourMechanic at this can be done at your home or office.