Q: Sputtering, loss of power, and check engine light came on.

After fueling my car with $20 of premium gas at approximately 3 miles from the gas station the car began to sputter, check enginge light came on and the car loss power and cut off. I turned it back on, It crunk, sputtered and died.

Hi there. Check to see what type of fuel you got for your vehicle. The LS 460 is required to have a minimum of 91 octane. If the octane was less than 91 or really high of 95 to 99, then the engine will sputter and stall out as the engine will not operate properly. Also, if you were to accidentally put diesel fuel in the vehicle it will also make the engine sputter and stall out. The recommend fuel for your vehicle is 91 to 93 octane for a good operation. If you accidentally put the wrong fuel in the vehicle, then you will either have to put an octane booster, octane reducer, or simply pump out the fuel and start over. If you need further assistance with your engine sputtering after getting fuel, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Sputtering, loss of power, and check engine light came on.