Q: My electronic steering power steering light came on my 2006 lexus gs300 and i cant turn my steering wheel

The power steering warning light came on and i cant turn the steering wheel.

The problem you are describing is electrical in nature. When this new type of "electronic" steering system first saw widespread use, there were occasionally problems due to design glitches and unforeseen operating issues. In 2009, there was a Lexus Service Campaign (designated by Lexus as CSC-10028182-9096) to address hard steering in several Lexus models including the 2006 GS. The electric power steering link assembly was the problematic part and Lexus, at that time, was replacing the component for Lexus customers at no charge. An initial thing to check is whether your VIN number was included in that special service campaign and, if so, whether the repair was performed. If the service campaign is not relevant (or the repair has already been implemented on your car), what you will need to get your issue resolved is an electronic power steering system diagnostic during which a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will perform the necessary tests to identify the root cause of the failure. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My electronic steering power steering light came on my 2006 lexus gs300 and i cant turn my steering wheel