Q: Constant clicking noise. Now power to anything and will not shift from park.

My vehicle has push button start and has a constant clicking noise. It will not shift from park and there is no power to anything. The only way for me to stop the noise is to disconnect the battery.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The clicking noise you hear is a relay inside the dash that is clicking open and closed because it does not have enough battery voltage to operate correctly. Check the battery to your vehicle and see if the voltage is low or if the battery cables are loose. I recommend replacing the battery if it’s more than a year old and is lower than 11.5 volts, other wise the battery would need to be charged and then rechecked. If you need further assistance with the clicking noise you are hearing, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.