Q: Lights on dash are malfunctioning and sensors like airbags are tripped.

asked by on October 10, 2016

The driver side mirror was knocked today and it cracked the plastic and the mirror itself... It seemed like no big deal. Coincidentally, as I was driving home, the lights on my dash now malfunctions and my air bag sensor and other sensors are flashing. Are these related to the mirror being knocked?

Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1396.98 Get a Quote
Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. I had a similar issue before with the lights on the dash dimming. I don’t think the problems are connected though. I believe there may be an issue with your alternator. You may want to have it tested. While running your alternator, it should be putting out 14-16 volts. If you need help having this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the warning lights on the dash and help you move forward with the right repair.