Q: Car locks not working, keyless entry not working

My car locks are not working except on the driver's side. I always heard the sound of the other doors locking and assumed they were all secured. I did a double check to make sure, and the doors were not locked! I discovered this the other day while shopping. I don't know if they were ever working, I am not able to use the keyless entry either. What can I do to get this inconvenient problem solved?

A: When this occurs, there are a few usual cul...

When this occurs, there are a few usual culprits. The most common include: the key fob failing, the car’s security system is malfunctioning, or the door lock actuators have failed. The other door lock actuators failing is the most unlikely since the driver’s door is usually the first to fail since it is used the most. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your door lock issue and perform any repairs required.