Q: Car not starting

asked by on February 17, 2016

My car is failing to start. The starter and battery are OK, but it still won't start.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

From your description, it sounds as though the engine is turning over, but it will not start and run. This particular year of F-150 with the 5.0 had many possible causes of a no-start. The distributor ignition module and starter are the most common, next to the fuel pump and fuel pump relay; the spark and fuel systems would need to be checked. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the cause of your no-start to identify and quote the repairs needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr