Q: I have a click when I turn the key and I got a new battery and it still won't start

The truck got a new engine in it last year. The truck has a click sound when I turn the key but it won't turn over. I mean I basically gotten 5,000 dollars worked on the truck brand new engine and all. Please help

Hello there, many common problems will cause your 1997 Ford Ranger to have a crank no start condition. Replacing the battery is a great place to start as this is the most common fault when the vehicle will not start. Other likely problems would be the starter motor, ignition switch, fuel pump, fuel filter, battery cable, or the battery terminals are corroded. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your crank, no start and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running again.

3. I have a click when I turn the key and I got a new battery and it still won't start