Had a wire connecting one of the valves bitten by a rat, I reconnected the wired tried stating but wouldn't start. JUMPED the battery but still will not crank or start.
My car has 135000 miles.
My car has a manual transmission.
Rodent damaging wiring can sometimes be more extensive than first appears. Previous experience tells me that there can be more than the one wire you found damaged. Wiring throughout the engine compartment should be thoroughly inspected for damage. Not only can additional wiring be damaged, electrical shorts to various electronic components such as the engine control unit, relays, etc could have occurred when wires are damaged by rodents even though the vehicle was not on or running. Electronic components in modern vehicles are very sensitive to voltage spikes, shorts, battery terminals being crossed, etc. Have a certified technician diagnose your no start situation and inform the tech of the rodent damage you’ve already found.
Have a car question? Get free advice from our top-rated mechanics.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing