Q: Truck won't turn on, battery 4 months old, I need to jump start it but the battery isn't all the way dead, just needs an extra pus

I changed the battery 4 months ago started having problems again. It won't start and I jump start it and it turns on right away. I need to jump start it every couple a weeks, the truck isn't an every day car we use it on the weekends.

There are three basic possibilities and they could occur all be present to a degree: 1) the vehicle has a phantom load that is discharging the battery; 2) the starting circuit has high resistance; and/or 3) the charging circuit is not working properly. To have the cause pinpointed, the recommended service is an electrical diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Truck won't turn on, battery 4 months old, I need to jump start it but the battery isn't all the way dead, just needs an extra pus