Q: Van not starting - 1996 Ford E-150 Econoline Club Wagon

My van has gone close to 175,000 miles. Lately, I've been having trouble starting it. The first time it happened, there was no warning whatsoever. The van is well maintained and I regularly change the oil and flush the transmission. So, the van sat for two days or so and after that, I attempted to start it. It only cranked and nothing more. What might cause this?

A: The fuel pressure would need to be checked ...

The fuel pressure would need to be checked to see if the fuel pump relay or pump has gone bad. The relay is near the battery under the plastic cover with the computer relay. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue.