Q: How much does a used power steering pump cost on average?

How much does a used power steering pump cost on average? My Reservoir does not keep the Power Steering fluid in. The power steering fluid goes through the hose then back into the Reservoir having the Reservoir spitting the fluid up and out.

A: Hello. The cost of a used power steering pu...

Hello. The cost of a used power steering pump will vary depending where it comes from. Some wrecking yard will charge much more than others. From your description of the problem it may not need a pump. It may have a restriction in the system or there may be a bad line or a rack and pinion that is failing.

The system will need to be fully diagnosed in order to know for sure what is going on. If you want to have this power steering issue checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your power steering pump if necessary.