Q: 05 Buick rendezvous power steering pump and pulley

Power steering pump leaked a lil, got worse,then was all better after a good bleeding.Some time later, I'd say 3-5 months,lil leak came back and again worsened. This time,bleeding not of help,but Lucas stop leak was.But only for a while, again around 3-5 months.This was a slow leak at first as well, then progressed into a large leak. So again it was filled and bled. But no use, alot quicker and full blown now.Which, being my only means of transpo.,fill and drive.But it wasn't for long, maybe a week or two.Then pump gave out, still yet the car was drove.In which,about 3 weeks after the pump was dust.The pulley deteriorated and snapped off,leaving the the pulley in the road and the belt fly around freely in the engine capartment.Needless to say,no other damages had been sustained. Also,it just so happens.I'm in the process of partng out my fwd,v6,98 Buick skylark.So I'm curious to Kno??? Would the pump and pulley from my skylark,work well for my fwd,v6,05 Buick rendezvous?

No, these are two different styles of power steering pumps. I would recommend purchasing the correct factory power steering pump for your 2005 Buick Rendezvous. If you need assistance with installation, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to replace the power steering pump and pulley for you using recommended parts.

3. 05 Buick rendezvous power steering pump and pulley