Q: Transmission slipping while downshifting

Hello. My car generally runs fine but there are some issues with the trnsmission. It seems to be slipping while downshifting from third gear into second gear. I've noticed that it happens when I am decelerating to come to a stop. Is this a usual way the transmission works or is this a potentially more serious issue? Thanks.

The shifting may be normal, but there is a software update to change the shifting strategy. Take the vehicle to a dealer and they can update the software for you. If you are out of warranty, then there may be a charge to do the updated software work for the vehicle.

3. Transmission slipping while downshifting