Q: Can I replace the ignition lock cylinder without removing the steering wheel?

I'm trying to replace the key tumbler on this car and the parts store has closed and I cannot access a steering wheel puller. Is there a possible way to change it with out one? I have shop key pro but need another experts advice thanks.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I'd be happy to help. Unfortunately, in order to replace the ignition lock cylinder, you need to remove the steering wheel. If you do not remove it, you cannot remove the screws that mount everything in place. If you'd like help getting his done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace the ignition lock cylinder for you.