Q: The RPM stays high for a while after the car stops

Hi, I've been having some problems with my Suzuki Forenza Wagon, for which I went to the dealership but was told it wasn't serious. But, I would like to know for sure. Occasionally, while I'm driving at RPMs around 2500, and begin to decelrate to stop the car, the RPM stays the same. The RPM stays as high, even when I take it out of gear. Then when I completely stop the car, it takes a couple of seconds for the RPM to decrease. I've noticed that this occurs usually when it is cold. What do you think? Is there something wrong here? Thank you.

There is a technical bulletin to reprogram the engine control module for the high idle for more than 10 seconds when the engine is cold. The reprograming should be done by the dealer and should fix the problem. The bulletin is TS 03-06035.