Q: AC not working at idle

My AC stops working when I am idling and not moving. My car begins to overheat fast.

Your symptoms lead me to believe that you may have a problem concerning your cooling fans at the front of the vehicle. While the engine is running and the car sitting still, both fans should come on when the air conditioning is requested. While the vehicle is moving, more likely at highway speeds, the air hitting the front of the car is forced through air dams and through the radiator and a/c condenser, which aids their processes. Have a trained mechanic, like the ones here at YourMechanic, come out for a close look at your overheating issue and determine the best remedy.