Q: Key/Ignition unit replaced 2 years ago but again car will not start in spite of new starter installed 10 days ago

About 2 years ago the 2006 Odyssey would not start. Honda dealer installed new Key and ignition unit in steering column. Now again, key fully engaged- the car will not start- there is no sound/ crank. About 10 days ago, a different Honda dealer replaced the starter with rebuilt unit for $450- Again car will not start on most occasions with key. Often after waiting or jiggling key, steering column, shifter - the car will start

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2006 Honda Odyssey. If you just paid a dealer to replace the starter, then have that dealer check the problem out again. I have seen rebuilt parts fail soon after replacement. If it is not the starter, then they may be able to isolate the problem to be a starter relay or ignition problem. If you would like to have this checked outside of the dealer, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting problem for you.

3. Key/Ignition unit replaced 2 years ago but again car will not start in spite of new starter installed 10 days ago