Q: What does the Throttle Control/Transmission light on the dash mean?

What does the Throttle Control/Transmission light on the dash mean?

A: While many vehicles have a combined engine ...

While many vehicles have a combined engine and transmission monitoring system that will turn on the Check Engine light if a problem is detected, your Fusion actually has a separate light for transmission and drivetrain problems. It looks like a little wrench.

The Throttle Control/Transmission light should turn on when you first crank the car, but should go out almost immediately. If the light comes on and stays on, it means that there has been a problem detected somewhere in the transmission or powertrain system and you need to have the vehicle inspected immediately.