Q: Car tilting after going over curb and impacting tree at 10 mph. Bumper bar is damaged, bumper arm broken. Side of impact is higher

asked by on May 01, 2017

My entire car is tilting/leaning after going over a curb and impacting a tree at 10 mph (image: http://xomf.com/vgvnw). The car is leaning, with the passenger side higher than the driver side. The impact was on the passenger side of the car near the headlight. The bumper bar is damaged, and the right bumper mounting arm is broken. The car pulls to the right slightly. Could this be an issue with caster, frame damage, or suspension damage?

The frame and/or suspension components have been damaged. To determine which will require some measurements and inspection. If all the damage is suspension related, that is assuming none of the sub-frame is damaged or the suspension mounting bosses, it is all field repairable. Obviously, if the frame is damaged, that can only be straightened on a specialized machine although, strictly speaking if you have a tram for measurement and hydraulic jacks it can be done in the field (carefully). Under the assumption that you have readily repairable damage, feel free to request a suspension/front end inspection and the responding certified mechanic will thoroughly inspect what you have and give you a least cost repair option. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.