Q: While driving, car will stall

While I’m driving, my truck will stall. This started recently. Most of the time it will restart right after the engine quits running. However, the last time it didn’t restart after the engine quit running, like before. When it was showing low readings, I replaced both batteries and it worked for about 2 months. But now, it has stalled and won’t restart! What is your advice that will solve this?

You will need to have the charging system and battery system checked to see if the alternator is putting out enough volts and amperage to recharge the batteries. The alternator is the most common failure to correct the problem for you. If you want to have this verified and repaired, a mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and replace your alternator if necessary.