Q: How do I deactivate the immobilizer system?

How do I deactivate the immobilizer system?

The immobilizer system is automatically deactivated whenever you insert a valid key into the ignition, and turn the ignition to ON.

I replaced the brake light switch. Gear lever unlocked because it had locked. Now the brakes feel hard.

Hi, thanks for writing in. You need to check the brake switch install adjustment. You may have the switch adjusted too tight and it is holding the the brake pedal partly down. This will cause the brake master cylinder to...

My car stalls at times, yesterday the car shut off at a red light. I turned car off then back on now engine light is on.

This may be a result of a dirty or failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and...

Rear brakes are dragging

Based on your description, it sounds like your parking brake may be locking up on your rear brakes. I would recommend having your rear brakes disassembled and, using the special tool you referred to, try to compress the caliper. If...