Q: Question about a potential buy (2003 Hyundai Tiburon)

asked by on October 20, 2016

I'm looking at buying this particular Tiburon, and was wondering if you could tell me, just by looking at the ad, if it's worth what he's saying, and what price I could bring it down to. https://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/cto/5772971729.html

thank you.

Just by looking at the photos, I notice the mileage is very low for the vehicles age. They say the door handle that is broke in picture is replaced. The clutch has been replaced. The seats look rough in the front but good in the back. The carpet looks real bad and may have water damage. The engine looks like it has oil leaks from the residue all over the fire wall. Without doing a thorough vehicle pre- purchase inspection it would be hard to tell if it has hidden problems that a picture does not reveal. Have a mechanic meet you there to do an inspection so you can be better informed to make your decision.