Q: Transmission was low. Put 4 quarts in it and everything was fine until next morning shifting to drive and felt like neutral

Truck was stalling come to find out low on twangy fluid put 4 to 5 quarts in there few min later shift to drive everything was mourning went take care some business I park my truck came out 30 min later I reverse shift into drive felt like neutral I Rev it a little start moving. I stop at a stop sign literally a block from my house it would not drive. so I had to do a u-turn in reverse thankfully I made. anyway truck been out sitting in drive way for but 2 weeks. I check my cable linkage it's good. but I notice when I put in reverse clunk sound come from front drive train and whenI was driving I would here almost like a clicking type of noise on passenger side.any advice what should I check next before I get bad new's that it's my tranny

A: If the fluid was 4-5 quarts low, that's...

If the fluid was 4-5 quarts low, that's a third of the total transmission fluid capacity. The transmission has probably been running very hot because of that, causing accelerated wear to the internals (clutches, etc). Check the dipstick for the correct fluid type to use. Ford transmissions are very fussy about using the correct fluid type. You can try a full transmission fluid service by replacing the fluid and filter, not a "trans flush". You might get lucky and have that solve your problem, but odds are with being driven with the fluid that low, a transmission rebuild may be the only solution.