Q: I have a 2012 ford fusion sel that says park brakes engaged. But I never lifted the park brakes

I got ready to crank my car in a noise kept going off n I look on the dashboard n it says park brakes engaged so I read up on it and I did exactly like it says I put my car in park in lifted the park brakes up and put them down and I check the brake fluid it still says the same thing and the noise is very aggravated

Hi there. Is the parking brake engaged? Does the vehicle move freely if the parking brake is disengaged? If the vehicle moves freely with the parking brake off and the warning continues then it sounds like there could be a fault in the parking brake switch circuit. This could be a fault with the switch itself, internally or physically, or a wire harness concern. Short of acquiring a digital volt ohm meter (digital meter) and disassembling your console where the parking brake handle is located, an appropriate scan tool may show you data for the switch to see if it is sending an on/off signal and may assist with diagnosis. The switch either provides a ground when engaged or no ground when not engaged; engaged will turn on the parking brake warning. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts.

• I have a 2012 ford fusion sel that says park brakes engaged. But I never lifted the park brakes