Q: cant figure out why right passenger side wheel wobbles when I hit 35-45 miles.

asked by on July 17, 2016

I have a 2008 toyota sienna, when I hit 35-45 miles it wobbles a bit from the right driver side, when I hit 50-65 i cant feel it any more. it has brand new balanced tires, when I let the steering wheel it drives straight. I recently took it to pepboys cause I thought it might be a whhel baring, but they didn;t see anything wrong. what could the problem be?

If the wheel bearing is good and the tires are balanced, it could be a tie rod end, a ball joint or a bent rim. Even though the tires are new, I would take it back to the installer and have them check the balance again.

Issues that arise at specific speeds are typically not balance issues. When a tire is out of balance or a rim is bent, these issues will usually get worse with higher speeds. Suspension issues can happen at certain speeds because loads on the suspension and steering change depending on speed. I did some research and the common complaint with your vehicle is a vibration under load. Double check for this yourself and see if it happens when you are accelerating from 35-45 mph.

In most cases this is due to a problem with the axle. But this will only be apparent under acceleration. I recommend having one of our technicians do a complete front end inspection in order to have this diagnosed and addressed properly.