Q: 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman O2 Sensors May have gone bad.

Hi, my check engine light came on after i put 89 gas into my 2012 MINI Cooper Countryman. I went to Autozone and received error codes P0172 and P0175 for both of the O2 sensors saying System Too Rich (bank 1) (bank 2) and another code P00BD saying Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit Range/Performance - Air Flow To High. I went to my mini dealership and they charge a $145 diagnostics test if i decide not to change anything at that moment. So i guess im asking what would be the price range to get both sensors changed? And will a fuel injection cleaner help fix this problem since i used 89 gas?

I would have to say do not replace the O2 sensors since they are just telling you the system is rich and they see it. You should have the Mass Airflow Sensor and any inlet tubes checked for leaks. Clean the Mass Air Sensor and replace any oil type air filter with a factory type paper type. The oil in these types of filters will contaminate the Mass Air Sensors. If you would like another independent mechanic to take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can inspect the Check Engine Light and can replace the mass air sensors if necessary.

3. 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman O2 Sensors May have gone bad.