Q: Power steering failure - 2012 Porsche Panamera

The power steering in my car malfunctioned and became extremely difficult to manage. This has happened three times before this fourth time over the past ten months. This was the first time that it occurred without warning. In the previous times, the power steering loss was preceded by a loud noise when I would turn the steering wheel. This 4th time did not have that loud-noise warning. What is causing this and what is your advice for the solution?

A: It is possible that the steering rack, whic...

It is possible that the steering rack, which mechanically moves the steering links to the wheels, has been damaged. Have your steering checked by Porsche (if still under warranty), or by a professional mechanic - like a certified technician from YourMechanic - who can help diagnose and repair this issue.