Q: No power past Starter Solenoid

asked by on April 10, 2017

Replaced Ignition Relay, but there is no power past my starter solenoid (3 post) , no power to headlights , coil, relays. Jumped power from battery to starter solenoid everything works but wont turn over (disconnected power from ignition so it doesn't short out over to hot wires to same place.) No power around 12.05v on battery Any suggestions? No Ballast resistor on firewall where it says its located any other places?

Hey there. That is a tough one. If your not getting power past the solenoid, the only thing I would consider is that the ground connection from the starter is faulty or the wire itself is frayed. On an older Dodge like your W100, I would suspect electrical wires and connections as being the trouble spots. Check all connections and replace the ground wires to be on the safe side to see if this resolves your issues.