Q: The fuel gauge is not working.

We fill the car with gas and the fuel gauge still reads Empty with a yellow indicator light. My daughter has been driving the car having to reset the mileage to estimate how much gas is in the car. I believe it is the fuel pump sending unit not working.

A: As you may know, your car has a fuel sendin...

As you may know, your car has a fuel sending unit inside the fuel tank that operates on a float system. This monitors the level of the fuel in the tank using a float that relays these levels back to the car’s ECU which then sends this to the gauge in the dash. I would recommend having a qualified professional from YourMechanic inspect the warning light and proceed with the proper repair(s).