Q: Lucas oil treatment

I know that you use and recommend Lucas oil treatments but I've read lately that it can be bad for engines. I wonder what is your opinion about it.

I use it, yes. But I use it on the older, worn-out engines and it helps build up the compression because it is a thicker oil and I believe it has molybdenum sulfate, which is a very good metal cleaner that clings on to metal. But I wouldn’t use it on a modern new engine that doesn’t have any problems because those modern cars are made for the 0W10 oil, which is super light. You don’t want to use them on a car that uses very light-weight oil.