Q: My car shuts off at 40mph and i have to restart it

I just bought my pathfinder and when ever I hit 40mph my car shuts off. What could be the problem.

Hi there:

In many cases when a vehicle simply shuts off while under operation it is caused by a main relay that is failing or a distributor issue. Most professional mechanics will begin to trace this issue by determining if the vehicle is losing spark or fuel or both when this occurs. If it’s spark, the distributor should be inspected for any issues. If it’s fuel or both then it may be the main relay. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an engine is stalling inspection.

3. My car shuts off at 40mph and i have to restart it