Q: Alarm is not factory and won't shut off lost my fob how do I turn it off

asked by on July 19, 2016

I lost the fob to the truck and the alarm is not factory made and keeps going off how do I unhook the alarm...I can't start the truck without the alarm going off

Look under the dashboard for the alarm reset button and try and hold it in when you turn on the ignition switch. If this does not work, then try turning on the ignition the hold button in and turn off ignition. One of these ways should disable the alarm.

If that does not work, then I recommend getting the alarm removed. You should get the alarm removed anyway since the battery is disconnected or goes dead, then the alarm will reset again.