Q: Flashing engine light - 2001 Toyota Tacoma

changed plugs,coil packs, fuel filter, camshaft sensor,crankshaft position sensor, oxygen sensor, truck still runs extremely rough after it gets warm and engine light flashes, what next?

A: Hey there. I can definitely relate to your ...

Hey there. I can definitely relate to your frustration. However, one test that might significantly reduce the search for why the check engine light is flashing is to complete a digital scan using a scan tool. Different from a code reader, the scan tool will download all the stored error codes in the ECM that triggers the Check Engine Light to illuminate along with the relevant data. Once you have the codes, you'll be able to pinpoint the source of the code and fix that specific component. If you need help with this, I recommend having a certified professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the Check Engine Light before moving forward with random repairs.