Someone pulled distributor coil cord while engine running...

Q: Someone pulled distributor coil cord while engine running. Now the car can't start.

asked by on October 09, 2016

Hai please help me, yesterday another guy pulled out a ignition coil cord that is going to the distributor while engine was in idle mode ever since my car cannot start at all I don't know what happened. My car is a VW POLO CLASSIC 1.4i (1997 model). What do I do? Help.

This may have been caused by many different things such as a faulty crank position sensor, a bad pickup inside the distributor or many other things affecting the ignition’s ability to produce a spark. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your non starting issue.