I have a dodge ram 1500 4.7- 2013 was changing spark plug...

Q: I have a dodge ram 1500 4.7- 2013 was changing spark plugs on top side with a 5mm socket socket is stuck help?

asked by on May 15, 2017

Was changing spark plug with 5mm socket and first one i tried to pull socket is stuck in spark plug hole, it will spin forward and reverse but wont come out. This socket was sold to me at auto zone same time i purchased spark plugs. I even trial fitted socket on new plug before i inserted it into hole and it fit plug perfect. Its not on the spark plug in the hole its almost out its even passed the lip of hole but wont pull all the way out. Do the make a socket retrieval tool of some sort or should i spend the next 20 hrs drilling it out? Help im desperate. Do you guys do house calls if so help. 6785548143

Hi there. Although what you are listing above is not necessarily a service we offer, it is possible to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location to help you with this issue. To start, I would recommend setting up a spark plug removal service, then contacting the customer service sales professional that works with you to explain exactly what you need. When this has happened to me, I bite the bullet and purchase a new spark plug and new spark plug socket, as it’s very difficult to get it unstuck without damaging the socket.