Q: Dtc light flashes and car judders

I have a bmw 116i on a 57 plate..after driving for about 15 minutes the yellow dtc light flashes now and again. When it flashes the car losses power and judders..if I switch the dtc off it drives fine. Also it's not very quick off the mark it seems sluggish. Iv just bought it this week so I'm not sure if it's just a slow car off the mark

From what you’ve described you’ll need to have the codes retrieved from the computer and have them diagnosed. This sounds like you are getting misfires and should start with checking the ignition. Also, check the spark plugs for signs of problems replace them if necessary. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the trouble codes firsthand to isolate the issue.

3. Dtc light flashes and car judders