Q: How do I use the multi-mode automatic transmission?

How do I use the multi-mode automatic transmission?

The multi-mode automatic transmission has five available positions: P (Park), R (Reverse), N (Neutral), D (Drive – all gears available), and S. In S mode, the driver is able to control which gear is the top limit by moving the shifter to the + position, or the – position. The highest gear available will be displayed on the instrument panel. For instance, if the instrument panel displays the number “3,” then the vehicle can use first, second, or third gear. When the shifter is moved to the + position, the number will switch to “4.”

Tip

When the vehicle is downshifted to first gear only, the instrument panel will display an “L.”

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr