Q: My car has low oil pressure. I've already changed the oil pressure sensor 3 times.

okay problem is the oil pressure keeps dropping oil pressure but there's times where it drives fine with no drop in pressure and u hear no knocking. But then all of a sudden about when you gonna slow down or take it foot off the gas it drop below 40 and go all way down to 0 but if u give it gas the pressure goes backup. Then there are times when it runs fine no drop in pressure no knocking sound. I have replaced the oil pressure sensor three times. It hasn't fixed the problem. Please help

A: If you have replaced the sensor three times...

If you have replaced the sensor three times and it did not fix the problem, then you may have problems with the oil pressure being low at idle due to wear in the engine bearings. The reason it would be fine sometimes and not others may be due to engine load and temperature changes. Have the oil pressure tested at the sensor port to see if it is low and needs engine repairs.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform an inspection to determine why the Oil Pressure Light is on.