Q: Involved in a minor accident and wondering if worth it to pursue

So I was planning on buying this car from a private owner, as I was nearing the end I decided to check the VIN online. I checked 2 different free websites and they're both telling me the same thing; that this car at one point was in an accident and was deemed as salvage back in 2015. It said the damage was to the front right. However I did test drive this car and it seems to run perfectly and the car was fixed in the front so we didn't even consider that it was in an accident until we saw the vin report. I was unable to tell if it caused the tires to wear at an uneven rate because the seller just bought new tires. Should I continue with the deal? Or will that past situation cause problems that might effect the car later down the road?

Any car that has a salvaged title you do not have any idea what caused it to be salvaged. The insurance company deemed the cost to repair the car to be excessive of over 2/3 of the value of the car to replace it. The insurance payed the owner off for the vehicle and then turned around and sells the vehicle to someone as scrap salvage. The company then proceeds to over haul and repair the vehicle until they can get it signed off as road worthy. This does not mean the vehicle is back 100%. There still may be hidden damages to the frame or suspension that cannot be detected during the inspection to sign it off. I have seen many of these vehicles that have a salvaged title and I can tell you that whoever bought the salvage is not in the business to make it 100% but to make a large profit and sell the vehicle as quick as possible to make a quick buck. There are some out there that do the repairs correctly. Do not buy this vehicle until a through inspection is done by your mechanic to make sure it is safe to purchase.