My car is cutting out it is an 02 impala and it seems lik...

Q: My car is cutting out it is an 02 impala and it seems like it is starving for gas. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor, plugs

asked by on August 08, 2017

Ok so one day i stopped off and got gas at a circle k station. Shortly after my car started cutti g out. Sounding like it was starving for gas and losing power. One minute it will not cut out next it cuts out n sounds like crap, especially going up hill i cant even reach 10mph without it just bogging down n mild jerking. Then it will idle high n go back down. I have changed maf, cat, air control module, now putting o2 sensor on. All of these things have helped it run better. But i cant think of what else it could be after i put all these parts on it will run fine for a minutes then cut out again. I had my fuel pump pressure checked and its great. So my question is what else could it be?

You should first scan the computer for codes. Diagnose any codes received. The problem sounds like a clogged fuel filter. Replace it if it has not been replaced.Then it can be the camshaft or crankshaft sensors on this engine.