Q: Can oil pan be removed with the engine in the car.

I HAVE READ THE REPLY ABOVE AND FOUND IT VERY CLEAR MY MAIN CONCERN IS, IN ORDER TO REMOVE THE OIL PAN ON THE 1974 PINTO 2,3 ENGINE I HAVE EVERYTHING ELSE THAT YOU MENTION OFF EXCEPT OIL PAN ,RODS AND PISTONS. CAN OIL PAN BE REMOVED IN CAR WITHOUT LIFTING ENGINE OR REMOVING ANYTHING ELSE UNDER THE OIL PAN. ALSO CAN I ACCESS THE ROD BOLTS TO TORQUE THEM WITH ENGINE IN THE CAR?

The rack and pinion steering gear needs to be disconnected and moved forward and the transmission inspection flywheel inspection plate for access to remove the oil pan from the engine. You can then torque rod bearings as needed.

3. Can oil pan be removed with the engine in the car.