Q: Car stalling when stopped

The Engine light is flashing In addition, the car stalls when I stop, jerks when I am driving, and when I accelerate, it takes a minute to get over 35 MPH. The AC blows hot air even though I put Freon in. I am getting different reasons as to what is wrong. One place says it is the coils and another is saying the catalytic converter. I took it and had it diagnosed and I got codes P0300, P0301, P0303, P0304, P0305, P1313, P1314, P1316, and P1000.

The codes all reference engine misfires. Continued misfires can cause the catalyst to fail and block the exhaust. The past diagnosis you had that the coils could be bad was correct. The coils and plugs should be replaced first and all the wiring checked. Also these engines had vacuum lines that get brittle and may need to be repaired when the intake comes off to replace the plugs and coils.

After these repairs are completed, the the catalyst should be retested for excessive back pressure using a back pressure tool via the O2 sensor holes. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, help you determine why you stall when you stop and are slow to accelerate.

3. Car stalling when stopped