Q: I have 2012 Acura TL that has 69k miles. Today for the first time when I was driving in rain the car jerked at 20mph and at 21mph

I have 2012 Acura TL that has 69k miles. Today for the first time when I was driving in rain the car jerked at 20mph and at 21mph.

Hi Tina. Thanks for contacting us today. It really depends on what your car is actually doing that would lead to a possible reason. If it is pulling to one side of the road, it could have been caused by the poor road conditions - especially if your tires are older. If the car sputters while accelerating, then it’s likely that you have a fuel or ignition system component that needs to be replaced. I think the smart thing to do is to see if this symptom happens again, especially on dry roads. If it does, you might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a test drive and onsite inspection so they can attempt to replicate the symptom and determine what is causing this problem.