Q: Constant clicking noise from flasher or blinker when neither of them are on

asked by on September 20, 2016

My car has a constant clicking noise that sounds like the blinker or flasher when neither of them are on. They both operate fine and messing with my blinkers or flashers don't seem to stop the noise. I checked the fuse on the drivers side and it's in good condition and doesn't need replacement, the noise does stop when the fuse is pulled out, but obviously so do my blinkers and flasher. I was thinking it might be a more complex wiring issue or maybe the flasher button itself but I don't have much time or money to troubleshoot it myself. Thanks!

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I do not think the issue is your blinker at all, but the A/C blend door or temperature door electronic actuators are clicking. Try to change the A/C from vent to floor or defrost and see if noise changes or try to move temperature from cold to hot and see if noise changes when the A/C is on. If you notice a change when either of these are changed then that actuator is bad and needs replaced. If you are still having trouble pinpointing the noise, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and assist with repairs.