Q: Exhaust blowing gray blue smoke when accelerating

Had the oil changed, and now the exhaust is blowing gray blue smoke when accelerating. Also, acceleration is sluggish at times, and I hear pinging and metallic noises from engine at times. There are now fresh oil leaks on the driveway.

A: Hello. If this occurred right after the oil...

Hello. If this occurred right after the oil was replaced, then you need to check the oil level. The symptoms you are having are consistent with someone putting way too much oil in the engine. If this was the case, then the oil needs to be drained and the spark plugs removed and replaced. Once that is done, then the vehicle needs to be driven at a high RPM to clear the engine out. If the oil level is fine, then it may be the wrong oil weight or there may be another internal issue that just started. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the smoke and repair any damages found.