Q: It's cranking but the engine won't turn over and start

asked by on November 02, 2016

I went to the store came out and my car wont not start back up. Its sounds as if it wont to start but the engine wont start at all. Therefore i bought a crankshaft position sensor guessing that might be the problem but its still doing the same thing.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2002 Nissan Maxima to crank but not start. The most likely fault is the battery, it must be load tested and ruled out before diagnosis can proceed. Other possible faults are the starter, battery cables, fuel pump, battery terminals, fuel filter, coil, or ignition switch. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your crank no start and make any repairs required to get the vehicle to start again.