Q: passenger side axle broke- how do I get the part out that connects into transmission

Trying to replace passenger side axle - in the process only part of it came out and the broken piece is still in place - how do I get the broken end out as its not sliding out ?

On the passenger side, be sure to remove the retaining bracket bolts. The splined segment of the axle that is within the transmission is retained in the transmission by a spring steel retaining clip known as a circlip. As you force the axle out the clip is compressed and the axle will pop out. In your application, you can pry out the axle but you have to be careful if you pry against the transaxle case because if you do it wrong, apply too much force and in the wrong spot you will crack the transaxle case and then the transaxle will likely have to be removed from the vehicle. If the axle doesn’t pop out immediately, do NOT continue because if it doesn’t come right out you are doing something wrong and obviously that’s when things get broken. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND MAKE SURE THE VEHICLE IS ON STEEL JACK STANDS, NOT A HYDRAULIC JACK WHICH CAN COLLAPSE WITHOUT WARNING. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request removal and replacement of CV axles and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. passenger side axle broke- how do I get the part out that connects into transmission