Q: Ford Expedition no Crank no Start

asked by on August 23, 2017

I've an issue with my Ford Expedition 2004. It all started when my starting engine got stuck and kept starting and fried my starting engine. I changed the starting engine and it was all good for about 2 weeks. Then one day when I was about to leave from my friend's house it wouldn't start, no crank, nothing, just clicks from the relays. Replaced battery. Cleaned connectors, nothing. Jump started starter engine and it worked. Drove it home from my friend's house. Relays get power when turning key. But trigger on solenoid doesn't. I've tried everything with no luck. Replaced NSS too, with no change. I don't know what else could be the problem.

With the key in the start position, if the relay in the solenoid circuit works, the thing to do is measure the voltage drop across the relay and also the voltage drop in the circuit to the starter motor. If you measure, with a voltmeter, each segment of the circuit, you will find the interruption or the high resistance. If you want the required diagnostic steps, including the circuit trace, performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this no start problem resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.